Monday, February 20, 2012

The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry by Kathleen Flynn


The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears in Paris at the World's Most Famous Cooking School

I was really excited to read this book, but the reading of it didn't live up to my expectations. The author writes the story of how she suddenly decides to live in Paris and go to cooking school. But to my analytic brain, she didn't even say how she financed her year. I'm sure many of us have a wild idea of doing something similar, but a little help in the direction of how she achieved her dream may help others achieve theirs. 

I thought it was a great title for a book, and it did make me want to read it.

The book is punctuated with recipes, but it was interesting to note in book club that no one had even tried one of the recipes. With much good intention, I did plan on it, but somehow never got round to doing so. 

The book is compared with Eat, Pray Love, but I enjoyed that book much more. I think if I did it again in a book club, I would end with an evening of cooking one of the recipes together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment