Monday, June 4, 2012

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia


The book is the story of one woman's search, in three different countries, to find herself. First she goes to Italy, then to India and then to Indonesia. The book is in three equal sections, one for each country. As a result I found it a little disjoint, almost being three different stories. But by the end of the book I was enjoying it.

In the middle section she goes to an Ashran in India to pursue her spiritual journey and discovers her strengths and weaknesses. In the final part she is mixing with the locals as well as learning meditation from the local spiritual man. 

I found the book informative and insightful. It is a bestseller, but personally not one of my favorite books.

But I loved this talk by Elizabeth Gilbert on TED http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html 

And here's the movie, with Julia Roberts, which I found very true to the book



Eat Pray Love

No comments:

Post a Comment