Friday, March 15, 2013

The Orchard: A Memoir by Theresa Weir


The Orchard: A Memoir


Theresa Weir (who also writes as Anne Frasier) has written many successful books, but The Orchard is her life story. It's a story of a family farm and the use of pesticides on that farm. It was a fairly quick, easy read, but haunting. After I finished the book my mind was still on that farm, my thoughts directed to the story I had immersed myself in for the previous week. I can't say it was a pleasant read, or even that I enjoyed reading it, but it was certainly educational. 

I really like her writing style, and although I don't usually read the type of books she writes, I would love to read more from this author. My only criticism of the book is that it was a little short and I would have liked more detail. I could tell, however, that the author's emotions were very much in this book and she did say in the front cover that it took her a long time to write.




No comments:

Post a Comment