Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson


Steve Jobs


The book was somewhat long, but never boring. I learned many facts about Steve Jobs that I didn't know before.  Although he was the CEO of Apple, he wasn't the only one with ideas, the book often appears to claim that he was the only one who came up with the design ideas. 

Steve Jobs gave Walter Isaacson free range to write whatever he wanted in his book, and it seemed factually accurate. My only criticism was that there was a little too much detail. Frequently there were transcripts of whole conversations that maybe didn't need to be there. 

I listened to this on CD and I'll just say that I've heard better readers of audiobooks. 

As members of a book club in Silicon Valley, many people knew people who knew Steve Jobs. And one of our group used to work for Apple. That is why we decided to read a biography when we didn't usually do so. That, and the fact that Steve Jobs had just died when we were choosing the books. 

It was definitely a good book to read, but needed more time than average because of its length. 

I would like in the future to read another Walter Isaacson book, he has also written the following:

Einstein: His Life and Universe
Benjamin Franklin: An American Life





No comments:

Post a Comment