Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Please Stop Laughing at Me: One Woman's Inspirational True Story by Jodee Blanco


Please Stop Laughing at Me: One Woman's Inspirational True Story

This is Jodee Blanco's story of being bullied in school, moving schools, being bullied again, and moving to another school. At times, as I read, I was shocked, another time I wanted to cry for her. All through her school days she felt she was alone, couldn't tell her parents, couldn't tell the teachers and didn't know what to do.

The book became a best seller and now Jodee Blanco runs seminars in schools about bullying. After doing this for a while, she wrote a second book, Please Stop Laughing at Us: One Survivor's Extraordinary Quest to Prevent School Bullying

Within our group of moms I thought bullying was a good topic to discuss, and I was right. One person chose not to read the book and join us, but for the rest of us who did, the topic was well discussed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment